Gameday Appetizer: Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
“Without question, this is my favorite halftime snack. If you love traditional Buffalo Wings & the crispiness of a traditional egg roll, I can’t you not loving this. If you have your own favorite Buffalo Wing recipes (i.e. adding a light dusting of flour to the chicken), do what you like to the chicken. Either way, for Bowl Games or the NFL Playoffs, you can’t go wrong!” – Gridiron Chef “Doc”
- 4 Boneless Chicken Breast Halves or 8 chicken thighs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/3lb butter (Melted)
- 1/2 bottle of Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 4 oz. of Ketchup
- 1 Package of Egg Roll Wrappers (18-20 Wrappers)
- 20 oz. Canola/Vegetable/Peanut Oil
- Blue Cheese or Ranch Dressing for Dipping
- Clean chicken to boneless and skinless. Season your chicken with salt and pepper.
- Grill, pan fry in butter or microwave the chicken to a temperature of 170 degrees.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then shred into small pieces.
- In a pot, add butter and melt, add Franks & Ketchup and stir thoroughly. Set aside.
- Mix shredded chicken with desired amount of Buffalo Sauce
- In a large pot, heat oil to 350 degrees.
- Construct egg rolls: lay each egg roll diagonally and work from the bottom corner by adding 2 to 3 oz. of Buffalo Chicken in the bottom 1/3 of the wrapper. Roll the bottom corner up, fold the sides in, dab a bit of water on the top corner and down the sides. Continue rolling to seal tightly.
- Drop egg rolls (3 at a time) into the oil and fry until medium dark (approx. 1.5 minutes)
- Let cool for 5 minutes on a paper towel, then cut in half at an angle. Serve with dipping sauce.
Jeff “Doc” Dockeray is a featured chef at many national platforms, Doc was host of the industry’s first Tailgate Radio show on SIRIUS XM, and as well a consultant to many award-winning products. He is proud to share his knowledge and undeniable zest for this culture with both the commercial properties and hundreds of notarized celebrity chefs, parking lot pros and super fans that share his passion
For more gameday recipes: https://www.tailgatemedianetwork.com